Live Game Notes: Penguins vs. Stars
Photos and GIFs Courtesy of Pittsburgh Penguins Twitter & Google Accounts.
- Malkin has gotten LIT UP this period.
- Sid dropping a few F-Bombs to the linesman. I deem it appropriate.
- Errey notes that the Stars didn't get back in town until 3:30 am this morning. Kinda sounds like my college nights of heavy vodka drinking with NHL 09, and philosophical pillow talks.
- It's 2018 and Jason Spezza still exists. This reminds me that it's National Pizza Day.
- Chocolate milk break in between penalty/TV timeout.
- Sheehan five hole was quite smooth. (1-0)
- Couldn't get a better Hagelin from Rick Harrison himself (2-0 Penguinos after a Pawn Stars joke)
- Errey trashes the Stars decision to clear the puck out.
- "5 on 5 With Ryan Reaves" just seems like an unnatural phrase to say
- Leave it to Tyler Seguin to make it (2-1)
- Dumo got "stick on puck" real good.
- Reaves wanted a piece of 21 and 21 was not going to reciprocate.
- Dan Potash may be trying very hard to look like a 2007 Scott Van Pelt.
- That degenerate and former Senator with the Fraggle Rock name, Marc Methot, is "metnot" on the ice tonight for Dallas.
- Using "frame" when referring to a hockey period is great.
- End of period. Gonna take this intermission to see if I'm older than Steve Mears.
- Steve Mears is 38. Thank God. A vibrant 38 nonetheless. Good for him. Anyone partnered with Bob Errey finds the fountain of youth.
- I want to slap that bearded Stars fan shushing everybody. Klingburg ties it up as Billy Bob from Varsity Blues mockingly quiets the Pens fans. (2-2)
- Solid props to the Stars' audio crew for playing The Clash
- Having a stick would've helped that goal to not go in. (2-3)
- Errey with a witty call back to the second period when he & Mears talked about Maata's pops playing Finnish baseball, which is actually a real thing. EDUCATION TIME:
- 19 blocked shots by Dallas seems like a lot
- 37 hits by Dallas also seem like a lot. Malkin probably accounts for 14 of those.
- Damn it, Lehtonen. Damn it.
- Murray's last two minutes of regulation was like a Benny Hill skit amped up on the booger sugar
- Schultz goes from potentially compounded fracturing his left knee accordion style to tying up this hockey game (3-3), peeps.
- Murray shut quite a bit down within these five minutes
- Jamie Benn, whose name I've been punning the hell out of tonight in a group text, almost closed this puppy out out
- End of overtime. Shootout time. Bang! Bang!
- No for Radulov.
- No for Malkin.
- Yes for Seguin.
- No for Sid.
- No for Spezza (despite his National Spezza Day).
- No for Phil.
- Sadness (and one point) for Penguins fans.
FINAL SCORE: 3-4 DALLAS
My Three Stars
3. Jamie Benn, because I mocked him for not doing anything but he actually had three assists. Plus, the puns.
2. Steve Mears, for being a youthful 38.
1. Matt Murray. It was "Dads Trip" for the Penguins which I'm sure was extremely difficult for Matt, but he decided to channel that into spending time with a terminally ill young fan. Very much deserves it tonight.