Quick Raw Thoughts: The Shield, Kane Is Back & Sister Abigail Stinks
Return Of The Shield Is A Failure To Create New Stars
The returning Shield trio on WWE programming confirms an obvious truth...Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins have greatly underachieved as singles competitors.
Dean Ambrose has been a joke since the group split after defeating Evolution in 2014. His over-the-top mannerisms and ridiculous promos are a bad ripoff of Brian Pillman.
Seth Rollins gained some traction as WWE World Heavyweight Champion but that reign ended with little fanfare. His time as champion may be most remembered for ending the career of Sting with a turnbuckle powerbomb. He vacated the title after tearing up his knee in Ireland.
Ambrose and Rollins are great complimentary pieces on the roster. They will never be the mega stars WWE envisioned them to be as singles talents.
Early Wrestlemania 34 plans call for Ambrose to turn on Rollins with a chairshot to his back, in a reversal of the original split 3 years earlier. A grudge match will take place in New Orleans at the big event.
We already know how that program will turn out.
Other Notes From Raw
- The only way I'll be interested in the Sister Abigail storyline is if she looks good in a bikini.
- The Miz continues to be the best heel on WWE's roster, and it's not even close.
- The last thing WWE fans need is a returning Kane.
- Bubba Ray Dudley has apparently announced his in-ring retirement. The veteran reinvented his career with the Bully Ray character in TNA. Too bad we didn't get a chance to see this in WWE.
- Wrestlemania 34 tickets go on sale November 17th.